The area's #1 Haunt
Come aboard if you dare! The USS Nightmare, America's Premier Haunted Steamboat, is located in Northern Kentucky on the Ohio River in Newport, Kentucky, near Newport on the Levee. The tri-state's favorite haunted house is voted one of the best haunted houses in Cincinnati and one of America's top 13 haunted houses by Haunt World Magazine. The USS Nightmare Haunted house has become one of the top Halloween tourist attractions in Cincinnati.
Prepare to have the ship scared out of you!
Captain’s Club -- Text “nightmare” to 41919 to join our CAPTAIN’S CLUB and receive special discount offers.
Locally rated #1–Cincinnati Enquirer rated 10 for 10! Nationally recognized – selected by Haunt World Magazine as one of America’s top 13 haunts! The horrific story of the USS Nightmare comes alive in the area’s most detailed haunted attraction enhanced with Hollywood quality sound, lighting, animations and special effects.
Built on a real steamboat dredge nicknamed the Death Dredge by its crew, the old boat is haunted by some of the river’s most notorious spirits – Captain Mitchell’s strange family and his mysterious crew!
- The area’s scariest and longest haunted dark attraction, the NEW 2013 tour is over thirty minutes, the bone chilling tour features two levels and more than 40 terrifying areas.
- The adventure through the old dredge exposes the horrors of the historic vessel while highlighting the oddities of the Mitchell family and Death Dredge crew. Built on a real retired working steamboat, the USS Nightmare is 288 feet long and houses the river's most notorious spirits including our infamous Captain Mitchell and his daughter Anna. Step aboard and step back in time to tour this one of a kind haunted house and experience firsthand why the William S. Mitchell's crew- those lucky enough to survive-called the old boat the "Death Dredge."
• NEW in 2013 – New tour path for 2013, darker and more sinister than ever! Explore for the first time The Crew quarters and crew head, expanded galley and new pantry. Come aboard if you dare! The Captain and his infamous crew await you! And: Rent the Mess Hall for a private party they won't soon forget!
This year's expanded tour offers many new details and scares as well as the fright seeker's favorite areas including:the Rat Lady's quarters, Pump Well, Cargo Hold, Dredge Engine Pit, Engine Room, Infirmary, Wheel Wells, Galley, Freezer, Crypt, Pantry, Vortex, Anna's Bedroom, Torturer's Chamber, Machine Shop, The Captain's Private Quarters, and many others.
• A family favorite, the Family Fun Center at the USS Nightmare Landing includes an interior covered waiting area for parents and the faint at heart filled with a concession area, the Captain's photo gallery, fun and games, and Laser Rage - the area's only floating laser tag game!
HOURS and Admission
Sunday, Wednesday & Thursday, 7PM - 11PM. Friday & Saturday, 7PM - 1AM.
General Admission Wednesdays is $13, Thursday through Sunday $18; RIP Admission (skip-the-line, advance purchase online) is $22
- Not recommended for kids. Children under 10 require accompanying adult. Must be 17 or older for admittance to Captain’s eXtreme show.
Built on a real steamboat!
Each Halloween season brings new twists and turns to the haunted tour of the historic dredge with 30 minutes of bone-chilling fear as fright seekers meander through the eerie rooms and corridors of the massive old boat. The tour visits more than 30 areas of the steamboat and is enhanced with state of the art special effects and movie quality sound and lighting. The tour of the old dredge is enhanced with Halloween special effects from chain saws to evil illusions and dozens of live actors to help immerse the fright seeker in the real life ghost story.
America’s Premier Haunted Steamboat!
But beware… the Dredge's inhabitants including our infamous Captain and his ghastly crewmembers are anxiously waiting. Join us in 2013 and discover for yourself why the USS Nightmare is Greater Cincinnati's favorite haunted attraction.
The area's best haunted house is owned and operated by BB Riverboats the USS Nightmare offers Halloween entertainment for the whole family. Special events include special hours during the Riverfest fireworks and the Kids-friendly Lights-On Matinee show to the Captain's Unrated eXtreme Tour. The eXtreme Tour is specially designed for fright seekers and haunted house lovers. The Dark Combo offers two of Cincinnati's favorite haunted houses, The USS Nightmare and Cincinnati oldest haunted house located at St. Rita's School for the Deaf, for one low price. Haunted house tickets, discount coupons and special group rates are available: Family Four Packs, Wednesday Super Saver Six Packs, Group Rates, and Dark Combo Tickets pairing the USS Nightmare with St. Rita’s Haunted House.
Find all the best haunted houses at hauntedhouseonline.com